Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Grocery Store


I went to the store to pick up some groceries and something amazing happened.

They have been refurbishing the store and it's quite an improvement, even though I know the cost of it will be passed on to me directly. That sucks. But they also have undergone a change in attitude.

I get these Calzones and we have them for dinner every few weeks, but I couldn't find any on the shelf today. I walked to the nearby Deli area and asked if they had moved them, but the lady said if they were not out on the shelf, they had none.

No biggie, I could get them next time. I went about getting the other items on my list and had made my way all the way to the other side of the store, nearly ready to head to the cash register, when a guy, employee, walked up and told me he had the Calzone in a freezer in the back and asked what kind did I want?

That was shocking, at least 10 minutes had passed and this dude I had never seen before took the time to come find me and then went and got what I was looking for out of the freezer.

When he returned with the Calszones, he told me exactly where they would be in the future and that he would make sure they were stocked on the shelf.

I was impressed and thankful. The concept of good customer service is spreading and it shows when it does. Give it a try where you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..