Saturday, March 27, 2010

Good Deed For The Day

I went to the grocery store today (just a couple things) and at the checkout, I asked for $50 cash back. The cashier, counted out the money thinking they were all $5 bills. I signed the purchase, tossed the receipts and cash into the bag,then left.

Once I got home, I took out the cash and immediately noticed it was too much. I counted out 50 and put that in my wallet. There was an extra forty.

The cashier had counted out 4 of the bills from the $10 stack. I gave that to my son, who was heading to the mall, and asked him to take the cash back. I had noticed the girl's name tag and the register number was on the receipt.

I won't lie. For a second I thought about keeping the cash, and then I visualized the girl getting fired for the large shortage. I hope she appreciates the choice and pays a little better attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..