Friday, June 1, 2007

Iranians

So I was talking to this young gal at work, reviewing some software updates (she is a developer) in her cube. I noticed a piece of paper in a language I didn't recognize, so I asked what it was. She said it was Farsi.

I said "I didn't know you were Iranian", which surprised her. Most Americans wouldn't put the two together. She seemed impressed. I told her I had done some reading, because of all of the problems between the US and Iran. She said the problems were not with Iran, but with the crazy Government.

When I said I was scared to travel there, she became almost livid. She is very pro Iran, but doesn't like the Government. I figured we should stop there, so I said we can talk more about it later. We finished our business and I left.

What I didn't want to sit in her cube and say out loud (all those nosey people around) was that I had been in the Military and had a Top Secret clearance back then because I had worked with Nukes.

Do you think if I jumped on a plane to Iran, their Government wouldn't investigate my background and find that out? I doubt it.

If anything interesting comes of our subsequent talks on the subject, I will let you know. Oh, this is good too. http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-203/0706016686151816.htm
And they arrested a scary US Grandmother http://www.freehaleh.org/. Yeah, where's my plane ticket??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..