Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Muslims Beyond Reproach?

Should any religion be beyond negative comments on it's origin?

I know I have a big problem with a lot of history in the Christian religions. Hell, I have problems with a lot of what is going on today (and I don't just mean Catholics). Toss in Jews, Baptist, Jehova, Latter Day whatevers...

So in India, two people are being held for reprinting a factual article that was critical of several religions; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7883612.stm?lss

The original article in question is still here, by Johann Hari, on the Independent; http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-why-should-i-respect-these-oppressive-religions-1517789.html Not a long read, but enlightening.

Does anyone else see a positive result in not having any religion at all? I know I don't need it and feel better off/liberated/free for it. Is it still worth fighting, dying, or jail time for?

Think of how the world would look if we all spent that time not praying, but picking up the trash around our neighborhood? Better yet, spend that time helping someone who has less that you? Or just needs some help. Wouldn't that time outside of any church count towards doing something good, no matter what religion you examine??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..