Saturday, June 5, 2010

After The Sparks

Since sparks and smoke plumed out of my Microwave yesterday, I had to go get a new one today. Sears, when they DO speak espaniol. Even the signage. Most of the clothes even cater to Hispanics. They have really embraced the central Maryland immigration boom.

I guess I live in a "sanctuary city"? Or area.

I figure it was a blown resistor, which I could replace, but I would have to go buy a bunch of specialty tools to even get the case open. So I would like all these economist's who bitch that American's are a "disposable" society, to bite it. The manufacturers give us little choice.

So as I lugged the device out the door, an alrm went off and a recoding played "You have activated the Inventory Control System, please step away from the door and an associate will assist you". It was the only english I had heard since paying for the merchandise, I wonder why it was not repeated in Spanish? Everything else there is.

So I dropped the box and turned around to wait to be "assisted". Several people walked past me coming and going from the store. I waited, and some more. When I looked up I saw the security camera watching the door, it had a monitor above it. I waved and watched myself wave back on the monitor.

I searched the store for signs that someone was coming to assist me, but saw nothing of the kind.

I reached for the receipt in my pocket and unfolded it, held it up for the camera to see. Still no one coming. I waved bye, and left. No one came after me.

Maybe I will go back tomorrow and actually walk out with some merchandise, they don't appear to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..