Wednesday, June 9, 2010

CO, Cap And Trade

My take on using this for "carbon credits":

Are you out of your mind? Does anyone see how this opens up all kinds of fraud, waste and abuse? Oh, I have 10 square miles of rain forest in Brazil, buy my credits! Then a year later I sell the land and it gets clear cut for corn production and the lumber. Who checks on all these and even evaluates it in the fist place?

There's an app for that. Companies have popped up all over "promising" to do diligent work in evaluating "credits".

And who wants to trust yet another "market"? Nooo. Just mandate restrictions on emissions and fines if companies can't find ways to meet them. Where is that "clean coal" that I heard so much about in 2010?

Since I am on this, "sequestering Carbon" is stupid too. You can't plug the earth and fill it up with CO gas. It will leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..