Saturday, November 6, 2010

Smut Cave

My first exposure to Smut, was a racy calendar that my Grandpa had up at his work bench. I had to be about five years old, and I realized all the way back then, that this was on the edge of being smut.

Fast forward past the chance encounters with actual smut up till my teens, and we get to the point that I am 16 years old. This was when I was still to young to purchase smut, but damn I wanted it...

I took to shoplifting Playboy Magazines, from the local grocery store (you could get them there in the 1970's). I only stole about 5 of them, and I always picked up a Mad Magazine or Omni, to make up for it (a bit).

My "smut cave" was the traditional under mattress type, until it was all tragically lost in a house fire, on Easter day, in 1978. I can only guess God was punnishing me for my transgression?

It didn't stop me though (sorry God), and I was soon 18 years old and in the Navy, where I could buy all the smut I wanted, once boot camp was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..