Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Top 15 Albums Of 2010 (Countdown 5 to 1+1)

5 Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (City With No Children)

A re surprize that they don't have an official video for this song??
Hard to choose a song to share, a sure sign of a great ambum! Getting a lot of buzz too...

4.5 (Yes, I have no discipline) Broken Bells (The Ghost Inside)

Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside from Southbank Centre on Vimeo.
Another great debut album from early this year. I was not a fan of the CD's "small print", as it was unreadable.

4 Royksopp - Senior (The Drug)


3 The Books - The Way Out (Thirty Incoming)

Read up on this band/album, they are unique. My pick for Most innovative Album of the year. Best listened to with headphones and the CD.

2 Hot Hot Heat - Future Breeds (21@12)

Jump to minute 3 if you don't want to watch the unnecessary intro. Made me laugh though. BTW, if you like this, check out their Elevator CD. Canadian's can Rock eh?? We knew that, and this song name is a homage to Rush's 2112.

1 Eliza Rickman (Black Rose)

My number one newbie, she is in the studio right now (with a big assed piano) and I expect most people will know her name in the next few years. She sings like Lena Horne did, full throttle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..