Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jews Can Hate Too

It's ironic, considering the oppression Jews have faced, that a Hasidic Jew sent this email out to everyone at work today;

I want to let you know that the state of Maryland recently passed a bill (HB 438) that legalizes same sex marriage in Maryland. The governor has signed it into law; and it will take effect next year if it is not overturned by a state wide referendum. Signatures need to be gathered to put the referendum on the election ballet in November.

I have official Maryland petition sheets that you can sign to help with this effort.

To sign the petition you need to:

1) Be registered to vote in the state of Maryland.

2) Print your name and sign your name as it is shown on your voter registration record. This can be found at www.mdelections.org.

3) Include your address, date of birth, and date of signature when you sign the petition.

If you are interested, please see me (cubicle ###F) this week after regular working hours. As of next week, in order to comply with the company's new solicitation and distribution policy, I will no longer ask for or accept signatures at work.

I am sending this out because of the belief that marriage is a holy union between a man, a woman, and God. The company has not approved this email.

I will not send any more emails to you on this subject unless you ask for one. So there is no need to request that I not email you again on this subject.

Jeremy ######

If I find out what HR does about it, I will post an update.

UPDATE: That's an Apology??

It has come to my attention that some people were offended by the email that I sent out earlier today. I tried to word the email in a manner that only criticized a government policy but not any person or group of people.

It was not my intent to make anyone feel uncomfortable or to hurt or offend anyone.

I am sorry that an action of mine has hurt some people. I will not do it again.

Jeremy ######

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..