Sunday, February 10, 2008

North American Movie Theater Boycott

I ask that all US and Canadian citizens boycott the movies for the month of June 08. Lets send a message to these corporations that $4 for a soda that costs them 35 cents is not acceptable! Don't get me started on the candy and popcorn cost.

Think about it: If you take a date to the movies, you blow $17 on tickets (or more) and $15 on concessions. You could buy the DVD, watch it over and over and still set aside cash towards a bigger TV and kick ass sound system. Do that for a while and you will have a home theater with stadium seating. If you are a family taking the kids too, you will lay out $100 or more. You know because you do...

The theaters are screwing the US/Canuck public and no one seems to mind. I do. I have been boycotting the theaters for more than 6 months and ask that you join me in sending them a clear message.

Here's the last quarterly reports they filed. Looks like they are making lots of money to me.
http://www.investor.amctheatres.com/sec.cfm

Join together in the month of June and boycott all movie theaters. Spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..