Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dear Aliens:

It has been a while. A bit of a crazy two years here on Earth...

An older lady came up to me at work today and said "I don't think the US is ready for a woman President." I told her what happened Tuesday means one thing, the US is ready to listen to what ANY individual, man...woman...white...black, or other, listen to what they stand for and then judge that person on what they say they can or can't do.

She had no retort.

We all do this every day (make a judgement call) when we listen to advertising or anyone we know or talk to. It's how we choose the toilet paper we use or our best friends.

Considering the celebrations around the world at Tuesday's results, I think everyone has been listening and waiting for the US to do this. To lead the way into a world where we don't see black, white, red, yellow or any other color. We now have a chance at changing the world's perception of not just us (US), but of themselves.

Thanks for voting, it is the single most important thing any of us do in a democracy.

I think the world just got quite a bit smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..