Saturday, April 4, 2009

About Getting Old

I don't know if my parents went through this, but in the last year I have been shedding the many many toys my two sons had collected over their childhood. My youngest is now 19.

So, we have matchbox cars dinged and dented, enough to fill a two gallon bucket. Lego's and Connects, enough for a 4 gallon bucket. These never wear out. A slew of board games, many never used and tucked under the bed in the spare bedroom. A collection of other items, some pretty high end stuff, like a Roboraptor;



It was used twice I think. I gave it away to friend with a young son, whom I hope enjoys it.

It marks the end of parenting; when gifts of anything more than a check, or cash will go to waste. I hope people do like me and give all this stuff to people who can use them. The Lego's and MatchBox cars and board games can go to friends with younger children, or to Good Will.

Trust me, I don't miss having small children, but it makes me feel older to not have any. I guess I have to come to grips with old age, even though I don't think like I am old. Maybe I should grow up? I doubt it, put me in the ground, then call me an adult. Until then I will blur the line between work and play as much as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..