Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The IE 8 Experince

I just upgraded to IE 8, yes, I am brave.

First off, it's a 23 MB download, a slow one.

Once I ran the Setup, it asked me to run Windows Updates. Annoying, my PC is up to date...cancel.

Next was the MSN Toolbar. I would rather cut off my penis with a chainsaw...cancel.

The install was funny. MS has totally given up on having a progress bar and just had a sliding indicator that the install was still doing something.

Reboot.

Now it's acting like an update..configuring part 1, wait, wait wait, login, wait.

Once I open IE 8 , the Links toolbar is loaded with MSN this and that links...delete, delete, delete. It asks a bevy of questions, like using compatibility with older browsers. Why the hell would I install a new one if I wanted an old one??

I am waiting to see what the "Smart Screen Filter" does. I left that turned on. I guess it replaces the old Phishing filter??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..