Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just Having A Smoke

I stepped out on my back porch late today, just after a rain. I lit up a smoke and looked around what I can see of the field to the south.

I saw a young black male, maybe 15 years old walking from the east to the west. Nothing unusual or worrisome about things, it was warm and very humid. The late day sun was just peeking out from under the clouds and painted the sky orange.

I saw the kid suddenly dart off the asphalt path and grab what looked like a two liter vodka bottle from the grass. Without a second of thought he smashed it on the path to his left, turned and started running away.

I cupped my hands over my mouth and shouted "ASSHOLE", which got him to turn his head for a second, then double his efforts and head away towards another part of the community.

I stood there, took a drag and just thought, "Why? Why the fuck?". I will go clean it up tomorrow morning.

I did some stupid things when I was 16, but I don't recall smashing a glass container on a path that I know a lot of people (kids) ride bikes on or walk (pets) barefoot. It's just a big dickhead thing to do. I wonder if the lad has a father at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..