Monday, October 5, 2009

I Started The New Job Today

It went OK. My Birth Certificate has gone missing, so after turning over the entire house, I had to order a new one. $60 later, it should be here next week, CHRIST!!

I am sure the original will turn up any second now....

The offices are pretty crappy, but I have a window. :) In April, the whole building are moving to a location, that will cut my commute to about 10 minutes.

I met some people I had not seen since I worked there 15 years ago, which was very cool. We have all gotten old.

The guys I will be working with primarily, are both near retirement, so the clock is ticking on getting myself up to speed. It should be interesting to learn what exactly I will be doing, but I am really looking forward to seeing what improvements I can bring to the process. For once, that is my marching orders..so no fear of being sacked because I notice things can be done better.

A totally different environment than the Civilian Federal Government, it's like having a layer of bullshit lifted off your shoulders. I am home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..