Friday, April 9, 2010

The Tea "Party"

I was looking at the tea party web site and I find it a little bewildering.

They are mad about "bailouts", I guess they would rather be living in the second Depression. I am mad about this too, and I would start by cracking down on the realtors who enabled the entire mess to happen (hasn't happened yet). Then split up the big banks, like the UK is doing now.

They hate "out-of-control deficit spending", which I agree with. We are on a path towards an epic fail. The problem is, someone will bitch no matter what you cut.

They loath "government takeovers of sectors of the economy", which I think ties into the loans to GM and Chrysler? How would you feel if they both boarded up their plants/stores? I know a lot of people in Michigan and Ohio who would be a little bit angry.

Pissed at "Cap & Trade", which hasn't happened yet and probably wont.

Frightened about "government-run health care", which is funny because the vast majority of their party are on Medicare (which is "government-run health care"). D-Duh...

Freaking about "higher taxes", which is funny because most of them pay very little tax. Old people get big tax breaks.

http://www.teapartyexpress.org

Hey, I know you like getting out of the house and all, but look at the country from the point of view of people who might like some changes. What would the impact be to them? Stop making it all about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..