Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm bored

When did life get so boring? Maybe it's just me getting older and all of the annoying things people do don't bother me so much? I really find it mundane lately. I do things at work every day that make things better for other people, but that isn't satisfying me anymore.

I can't join the military again, too old now, so that option is out. I have considered getting a cape and cowl, but I am really not that crafty or deft. There are plenty of thugs around my neck of the woods and I do like giving them crap. I will probably get shot some day for it, but they had better get a head-shot. Or else they are going down with me.

I volunteer for things, like my friend Jenny’s new floor in her ultimately stinky bird room in the basement of her place. I can’t wait till that’s over. But I am missing something bigger, I know I am. I have this huge collection of music that no one here in the USA would recognize and I would love to share and promote that (legally). I would love to have my own radio show. It would kick ass.

Politics calls to me too. I have been asked to run for office by friends, and I could do that really well, but there are a few little skeletons in the closet that make that impossible (like you have none??, liar).

God, I am 44 years old and have had more jobs than anyone, my age, older or younger. I served in the Navy for 6 years working on Weapons Systems and 3 years after that supporting them as a contractor doing design work. Then cable testing on ships, then Navy training systems installation designs (all kinds of stuff, electrical/chill water/cabling/AC). Then I was thrown head first into secure network design and documentation.

I know more subject matter than anyone I have ever met. And I have no one talent, other than being able to deal well with people, customers. My travels and life have left me very intolerant of unfair situations, whether they are my own or a friend’s. By standing up for friends that are being treated unfair, I have alienated myself, but I am not complaining. I don’t really need friends who do not deserve the title.

Oh, I do digress. I guess if anyone out there has a radio shift that needs filling, send me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..