Saturday, October 13, 2007

NO-DUH (NOAA) Is Inept

So the 2007 Atlantic Hurricane season draws to a close and No-Duh has failed miserably in their predictions http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2007/s2905.htm. All of the "named storms" only caused damage to Mexico (and neighbors) less one tropical storm that hit Texas and caused it to be one of the few parts of the US not in a drought. The 85% chance of terrible conditions has not happened.

This passage lays out why this organization is a waste of my Tax dollars:
"Historically, similar conditions have typically produced 2-4 hurricane strikes in the continental United States and 2-3 hurricanes in the region around the Caribbean Sea. However, it is currently not possible to confidently predict at these extended ranges the number or intensity of landfalling hurricanes, or whether a given locality will be impacted by a hurricane this season." So why the hell am I paying you???

And why the hell did Al Gorey get a Nobel prize? He is just a talking head, he didn't do an ounce of research. He is just a sheep following the heard of scientists enjoying fame and publicity because they are recklessly spreading panic. You know the researchers motto? "Publish or Perish". Even if it's crap.

1 comment:

  1. I have be familiar with a scarcely any of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I extremely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites web period muster and last will and testament be checking promote soon. Please report register in view my orientation as highly and vindicate me conscious what you think. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a note..