Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fuel Prices Will Kill Business

So when all of the airlines are busted and all of us leave our cars and cabs in the Garage (I don't actually have a Garage), who is going to use all of the high cost fuel?? Well, no one.

The Story is here.

So this will have to "drive" down the cost right (pardon the pun)? It's becoming more evident to me that our economy is in shambles and it's more than the US housing collapse (a very bad thing) is not the only problem we have to solve.

Inflation is up.
The US Dollar and Euro are down.
Oil demand is dropping (I know I telework one or two days a week now and have adjusted my driving habits to cut my fuel usage almost 25%).
Debt is up as is spending.
Crime is up (in my neighborhood anyway).
Incomes are down or flat.

That's all screwed up. Ya know our government is predicting a 1/2 trillion dollar shortfall in the Budget this year. This is before we pay for the two wars we have going. How the hell is increasing revenue going to pay for all of this?? Does anyone really think that will work??

Things are so bad no one is even talking about the impending collapse of Social Security? That is when we will truly hit bottom and the riots will start.

I was thinking of moving, but I might hold off and see what happens with the economy. Unless I stumble of a really good sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..