Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek 2009


I went to see Star Trek 2009 today. It was ok, not as super-fantastic as I had hoped, but it didn't suck. That is a big distinction. If you don't want any spoilers, stop reading now.

All of the effects were fantastic, except one. The Vulcan city scape looked so freaking fake and was shot so poorly that it looked like a model from an episode of Buck Rodgers (and I mean the old black and white ones).

I like and dislike the whole new timeline idea. It will give the producers too much leeway to take the characters in a totally different direction. Scary and a little thrilling at the same time.

I loved the cast, all of them. Music was good. The fast edits in the fight scenes was bit much and since I have developed Vertigo, I was squirming in my seat during 3 or 4 sequences.

It was the first movie I have seen in IMAX and I have to ask, what is the big deal? I didn't see any difference at all, except 3$ less in my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..