Friday, May 15, 2009

US Car Makers Adjust


I keep hearing people sound like they are shocked at the dealership and plant closings that have been announced over the last few weeks. Um, that is what a bankruptcy does.

They have to get their houses in order and trim that fat that they have put on since the 1980s. They are just paying the price for a lack of vision and innovation. They brought it on themselves.

I was in Detroit earlier in the year and people I talked to were worried that America was mad at them for the bailouts. I said it was mixed, but people are not mad at the workers. Just mad at the inept management that ignored all the signs of change that every foreign car maker saw and got right. The Detroit workers were just doing their jobs.

Could this spell the end of the UAW? That might be a good thing, I think. Too much corruption and power.

I guess it's a good sign that the people of Detroit have the Red Wings in the Cup semi-finals. Something to rally around. Go Wings!

I hope a few of these wind mill companies can settle in Michigan, I am sure the Governor is working on it. I like her. Don't ask me what that picture is all about...I don't know, but it made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..