Friday, September 4, 2009

Unemployed: Week 1

Just to recap the first full week of being unemployed, I accomplished the following:

Send out 3 resumes to different friends and applied for 2 jobs. No word on anything yet. No news = good news, until the checks stop coming next week.

I finished up details on two home improvement things I had started before I lost my job, the stairway had some trim that needed finishing and some power outlets and light switches were swapped out in the dining room. I got white ones to better match the new color scheme, to replace the old tan ones. Good thing I did that, one of the light switches crumbled apart as I tried to remove it. Quite a fire risk.

I have been playing less online chess and reading more news, the more I know about the world the less I like what I hear. I picked up paint and brushes to redo the living room (I hope a gallon of paint is enough). I started ripping up the trim in the room today, nasty work. I just need something to keep me busy, or I will go nuts.

I had two people I know ring me up asking for computer help. I solved their problems, but didn't charge anything.

I watched a lot of Nasa coverage of the Shuttle trip to the Space Station. Nice to have time to do that. I wish more people, especially kids, did too.

I put grass seed down in the back yard, hoping to fill in the areas that seem barren. I think the piss spots my dogs used to regularly use will need to be dug up and filled with topsoil. Nothing will grow there.

I made a large pot of Chili from scratch (my own tomatoes even). It is still aging, but if it's anything like my last batch, it should be great. I will freeze most of it for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..