Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wedding Day

Not mine, it was a friend's friend. Just an acquaintance to me.

It was a beautiful ceremony, a few botches, but well done over all. Real nice venue.

Then my friend Jen and I killed an hour waiting for the Reception to start. That went ok, her shoes were hurting her feet though (new shoes).

We got into the reception a bit early and waited, then waited some more and then some more.

I guess it was about an hour more and the bridal party showed up, said a few words and then disappeared for photos. Wait some more. We didn't even have water, but the bowl of ice was melting, so I made do with that.

Finally everyone got seated and there was some funky Korean tea thing and a bunch more pictures. Then we were told the food would be out soon.

Waiting..waiting, and a bit more. Then it arrived...

Um, a whole lot of fishy stuff. I don't dig fishy stuff and Jen is a vegetarian, so she asked for something veggie. They brought her rice, which she wrecked with this red stuff she thought was spicy, but turned out to be vinegar. Funny.

Then they brought out more fishy stuff, and I ate a few greens (Jen doesn't like greens, that's funny). Then this sticky rice came out and it was pretty nasty. I had some chicken, buried under some fishy stuff. It held me over.

I guess if you have a wedding in America, would it kill you to have a Poo Poo Platter or Sweet & Sour Chicken, or the like, some "American" style Chinese/Korean food? Especially if you are inviting us unrefined dumbass white people along? Just a thought..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..