Saturday, July 7, 2007

Has Evolution Stopped?

I wondered if it has, but the story I read earlier this year about a kid in the Orient that had a perfectly formed third arm made me think otherwise. The extra arm was fully functional and protruded just below one of the usual arms. How many times have you or I wished we had a spare hand to do something? Think about that, third arm, what a bonus.

When I heard the news about this boy, I was ecstatic. What a great improvement! Maybe the wave of the future. Then I read on and the parents of the boy had decided to have the arm “removed”. They mutilated their child to give him a “normal” life. Who the hell has a “normal” life anymore?

It would be like realizing your child could sing real good, so whack him in the throat so he doesn’t go through the punishment of being a rock or opera star. WTF?

My point is we are trying to arrest change in this world, and that covers natural and unexplained change. Without change, we die, because the world changes all the time and we have to be allowed to adapt and evolve. It makes us smarter and better.

Remember; one day a “freak” walked out of the Ocean and onto the land, for the very first time. We owe that “freak” our existence, unless you don’t believe in evolution. In that case, get back into the Ocean you freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..