Monday, September 17, 2007

1/3rd Page Story

A friend at work was talking to me about something called a 1 page story, where you basically try to condense a lot of a story into a short read, through implication. I liked the story he wrote last week. I came up with this, which is about a 1/3rd page long, on the computer anyway.

The Mourning.

I stood in the kitchen, my hair was still wet, and I heard the front door slam shut. I walked upstairs to get ready for work and tried to recall the night before. We fought over the same thing again and foggily I recall what was said by us both. She had eventually asked if she should leave and I had again said no and passed out, moments later.

She did stay and we once again went over things in the morning, when I was more lucid. I still had the same point and she the same argument. It escalated as usual, until she left for work mad.

The sad thing is, she will be back, again. I don’t think she will do this much longer and leave for good. I don’t think that bothered me, as I finished and left for work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..