Wednesday, September 26, 2007

How’s your “economy”?

Yeah, GO AMERICA!! What a great economy we have here! As Wally said, “It’s going great Beave.”
So why has the value or the US Dollar been falling steadily for about 7 years? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7013608.stm

The Euro, Pound and most other currency is going up, while the “dollar” is sliding in decline. Is this a tactic to match China’s under inflated currency, maybe? I don’t know...I don’t understand how all this “global economy” works. But I do know that when I was a kid living temporarily in Canada, my one US Dollar would buy about one and a half worth of Canadian candy. Now we are even.

So let’s see:

If I had a dollar in 1973, I could buy 3 popsicles from the Canadian drugstore. Today, I can get only two for the same dollar (less if we adjust for inflation). So my US dollar is worth-less outside the USA? Ok, I can cope, I will stay in the country and only buy US products (laughing and typing here). But the imports are all worth more here now and I have to pay more for all of them? It doesn’t seem so and that is the thing I don’t get.

I suppose the main thing here is the dollar is still slipping and no good can come of it, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..