Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Libya

This country has always left me bewildered. How did they ever have any power at all? They raised a lot of shit for the US in the late 70s and 80s. Now this pittance of a desert wasteland nation; http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=libia&ie=UTF8&ll=29.075375,18.259277&spn=8.194378,18.962402&t=k&z=6&om=1 is starting a "green" tourist industry; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6989977.stm I expect Al Gorey to show up any second.

Good luck I guess, but they have let themselves be isolated so long, I doubt it will flourish. Who will trust these people? I know I am not clamoring for a ticket. Outside of Tripoli, it’s all small shanty towns.

I also find it funny that the BBC calls it a “reformed Libya”, like they fell into line with the western thinking world, but don’t mention if they left their violent past tradition behind. Sign up at your own risk of peril. I think I would rather be a child in Portugal with British parents.

I have never been there, but I like hypocritically bashing other countries, so shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..