Monday, January 5, 2009

Dear Barack:

Hey, just wanted to drop you a line to let you know all this "spending" the US Government is doing is getting completely out of hand. Any idea how you will pay for ANY of this? Oh right, we can't "worry" about that right now. Right?

I say Wrong. We have to worry about it and address it now. Projections have over 10% of the US tax income going to just pay the interest on the National Debt. That is 10 cents plus, of every dollar I pay in taxes is going overseas and not working to help my own Country. We can't sustain or tolerate this. I want a tax cut, which will happen automatically when we eliminate the Debt.

I make less than $100K a year, but I would be more than happy to toss a couple grand into a pot explicitly to pay off the Principal on our Debt. Just don't take income tax out of it and keep it away from Congress. Actually, keep it away from the Treasury too; give it to Joe Biden or Hillary and let them hand carry a check over to whatever Country we can pay off each year and lets start chipping away at this iceberg of debt. If we don't, the great ship America will hit that iceberg soon and sink like a stone.

That would be a very sad thing.

Give the tax cuts to anyone making less than $60K, that is where I was at; and in a world of hurt. The rest of us can deal with where we are fine. Go attack the Debt, not Iran or Iraq. Unless they screw with us, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..