Sunday, January 4, 2009

When I Was Two


(Oh the humanity!)

The Civil Rights Act was passed and Racism in America began to slowly “change”.

The Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan for the first time.

Harpo Marx died.

My Parents were in love.

The “space race” was moving along, Russia backed off the “moon landing” concept because Khrushchev thought it would be too expensive. He later was pressured into backing a moon landing.

The Cold War was still on.

190,000 US soldiers are deployed in Vietnam.

Lawrence of Arabia won best picture at the Oscar’s.

Tony Bennett won record of the year with I Left My Heart in San Francisco.
A first class stamp cost 5 cents.

The US National Debt was already at 316 Billion dollars.

The US Surgeon General announces “smoking causes cancer”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..