Sunday, January 4, 2009

When I Was One


(I have not yet mastered cuttlery)


Racism was still accepted in America, but Martin Luther King gave his “I have a dream” speech.

John Kennedy was assassinated and LBJ took over as the US President.

My Parents were in love.

The “space race” was in high gear, John Glen made three successful orbits around the earth.

The Cold War was still on and Russia and the US decide it’s prudent to setup a “hotline” between the two countries to avoid a bonehead nuclear attack.

No one knew where Vietnam was, except the 15000 military “advisors” staying there, from the US.

Lawrence of Arabia won best picture at the Oscar’s.

Tony Bennett won record of the year with I Left My Heart in San Francisco.

A first class stamp cost 4 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..