Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Love Technology


I picked up the snazzy Sansa Clip MP3 player. $72 US, not bad. Last week I loaded it up with a bunch of MP3s ( no problems at all) by just dragging and dropping them once I connected it to my Vista machine.

Today I connect it to two Vista machines and as soon as I did, the PCs rebooted. That's pretty annoying. No firmware updates to fix that are available either. The CD included with the device just wants to install Rhapsody, um, no thanks. I don't want that or iTunes on my computers to manage files that I can just copy over (duh).

All in all, I will sort out the problems. I found out if I connect the device with the computer off, then turn on the computer, it doesn't force a reboot. Maybe it's the virus software, who knows!? Not the manufacturer, their support page is pure shit.

I did a test of the FM radio and reception is not great, but it's a good feature for a runner that likes C-Span or whatever top 40 station in your area has a kick ass signal. I also tested the audio recording feature and it's not going to work for meetings in a room larger than a bathroom with only one stall, unless everyone yells. It should be ok for recording notes to yourself or an interview with two people close together. Just keep it on a flat surface that is stable and don't move it around at all.

The earphones that come with it are cheap at best, but it does seem to hold a charge pretty well. The menus are not intuitive, so take the time to read the manual. You will get the hang of it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..