Saturday, January 31, 2009

Measure My Tux

My brother is getting married next month, so I have this form to collect all of the data on.

I went to the mall and to the only Tux shop there. There was a lone, young (very young) girl there minding the store. She had to be 19 or 20. Cute, short and a little over weight. She hung up and put down her cell phone when I walked in.

I told her I needed to be measured for a Tux and handed her the form I had. She asked if this was for a Tux at another one of this store's locations. I told her "no". I expected I was going to be billed to be measured.

She had me drop my coat, wallet and Blackberry and went to work. Neck, chest, sleeve, waist, overarm, out seam, she did it all and then went to fill out the form. I was impressed.

"What do I owe you?" I asked. "Nothing", she replied with a smile. As I donned my coat I asked if she had to go through much training for the job. She said it was minimal.

I thanked her and and praised her professionalism. What a positive experience! People should take a lesson from this three minute exchange, it is what life should be like for everyone, everywhere. We all just do our jobs well, not hard stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..