Thursday, October 23, 2008

12 Days

It's just 12 days until a major US election and I have to say I am more than optimistic, but not over confident.

The smears from both sides are getting tiresome, I heard today about Sarah Palin's SAT scores going public (bad ones) and the McCain camp is staunchly claiming every Congressional Democratic candidate has vowed to raise taxes on anyone making more than $42K US. Funny, he gave up on attacking Obama and is just trying to save seats in the House and Senate.

Well, 12 more days and it will be done. Time for the wealthy to start doing their part for society and actually start paying some taxes for a change. A funny example to me, was this guy at work who drives a BMW that cost more than I have in my savings. He said: "Poor people? What poor people? There are no poor people!"

Talk about loading a gun? I didn't fire back, though I clearly could have. Compared to that ass I live in poverty, as some of my neighbors truly do. Well, lets take the high road and level the playing field and square things up. It's time we all do our share to fix this country, don't feel bad about it..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..