Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Cut Down A Tree Today

Never done that before on my own. I had this 25 foot tall monstrosity that should have only been a shrub in my front yard. My son and I took it down in sections, without much trouble.

I called my eldest son who showed up a little later with his tow truck winch and he pulled the trunk/roots out with no problem. Tow trucks kick ass.

Now I have to get as much of the dirt out of the roots of the trunk, so i can try to fill in the 3 foot deep crater left behind. We started with a shovel and I switched to high power water after a while.

I will have to replant grass in the spring and think of a way to minimize erosion over the winter. It's too late now to plant grass. I should have done thins in the summer, but it was soooo hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..