Wednesday, August 29, 2007

When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts

I watched all of this crap HBO show that I could stand tonight. It was full of videos and images of the massive damage in New Orleans after Hurricane katrina. It was also full of BS.

When I saw the bit with a reverend, or just some dude, who they never said was even there at the time, spewing quotes like “the soldiers were tearing the babies out or their parents arms”, I shut it off.
I am a parent and if I had one of my babies in a situation like that, first off, I am a bad parent. Second off, I would kill anyone who tried to take my baby away from me and I expect the same from anyone else there. I didn’t hear any reports of soldiers fighting with parents over babies, or any parents being killed by soldiers. WTF!?

Right before they had people complaining about their (never used the term extended) families being spread out across the US. Well folks, there were only so many locations in the country ready to handle the influx of thousands of refugees, so you really should be god damn thankful someone took you in?? They didn’t sound like they were. Ingrates.

The only thankful thing I saw was a manager of the hotel next to the Dome there, which was a horrific mess, thanks to the Mayor telling people to go there when it was already too late. The manager was thankful that the National Guard helped secure his building, while the Dome was emptied, right through the hotel lobby. They made that sound like it was a bad thing? I do recall the Dome was laced with gang members, causing trouble, so why was this bad?

They had lots of video of dead people, mostly black, and that was all horrible and disrepectful to the dead. They were bitching about the bodies not being “cleaned up”, but that would be a City matter, right? That would be Mayor Nagin’s deal right? Why did he leave so many poor people in harms way? Why did he do this to his people? He didn’t have a damn plan! Yet, they re-elected the turd ball, just because he stood up and blamed the Federal Government (not even the State, which should have been there first), for his own piss poor planning. Pat your dumb ass on the back dude and all you dummies that re-elected that ass.

Much of New Orleans lies below sea level. The Sea = “Nature”. “Nature” will do whatever it wants, no matter what we build to try to hold it back, man will always lose that battle and always has. Like that butter commercial used to say, “Don’t fool with Mother Nature” and then a thunder clap.

New Orleans should listen to the thunder clap and move to higher ground. Most people have, but the governement want’s to rebuild! Sheer genious. I think it comes down to evolution really, because, well, you know why. If you stay there now, you will eventually prove you are stupid and you will die. Don't complain to me about it, it's your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..