Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cleaning The Stream

I went back to my local stream again today and did some more trash clean up. It was very productive, but saddening. About 1/3 of what I collected was new in the area my son and I had cleaned up 2 weeks before.

I guess I have to accept that people just don't care and never will.

I had a fight with a thorn bush, which I lost miserably. Nature is a bitch sometimes, it is what I was there to help though.

I picked up 2 ticks in the process, so I think I will wait until we have had a freeze in the fall to do more stream work. Instead I will just clean up in the open areas in the neighborhood, proactively keeping it from winding up in the strean and eventually the Ocean.

Tick removal; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick#Removal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..