Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Don And Mike Show Ends

In March of 1987 when I first came to the Washington DC area, I was scanning the radio dial one morning and came across the Don And Mike show. The gags and antics were entertaining. Don is dynamic and cool, while Mike is silly, does impressions and creates characters. They shared a great chemistry.

The show was on WAVA then, which a few years later switched format and the show disappeared for while. They re-emerged on WJFK, where they stayed until yesterday. They had been part of my life for 21 years.

The last show was very emotional for me and the way each member of the show left as the broadcast progressed was moving. It was just Don left for the last two segments and he just talked about his life, time in radio, thanked a lot of people and said good bye. Very classy. They took no phone calls and had no guests.

Mike will come back next week with his own show and I hope it does well. I will listen, but it won’t be the same, which is what had to happen. Safe home Donni G!

You can actually listen to the show here; http://www.wjfk.com/Don-and-Mike-Show-Comes-to-an-End/1953962

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..