Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Eurovision Contest 2008

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/participants-2008

This is lost on most Americans. It’s sad to see the mimicry of American POP music leach across the globe like this. Just sad.

I haven’t heard this many over produced and harmonizer laden tunes, since 1995 (or later). I will comment on some of note, one way or the other;

Albania: Olta Boka is cute, but the song is over produced. She has a good voice though, no harmonizer.

Azerbaijan: That’s just gay, not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Belgium: Traditional, not over produced a tiny bit. One of the few in the contest.

Bulgaria: Nice, Deep Zone & Balthazar brings it. A funky dance-reggae tinted musical freak show. I love it! They did not make the finals? How is this not on the air in the USA????? A SMASH I say! Stay with it for a minute, trust me.



Cyprus: Evdokia Kadi swishes up a great beat (stick through the first minute). Is that French? Simple spender.

Estonia: I started drinking after this one. My Mom said if I have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

Finland: These boys spend the money they save on shirts to have laser chest hair removal. Money Metal band.

France: I am glad Sébastien Tellier made the finals with Divine (um, didn’t get it here right?).


Some dummies in the French government raised a fuss because the song was in English and not French. Get with the times. It’s sweeping the globe! Funny video and catchy tune! I like the fact that he’s silly.

Greece: Hot, but over produced.

Ireland: Just silly, you guys! Funny

Israel: One of the few in the native tongue. Oh, I bashed that a second ago, right??

Malta: Morena is cute and a fun video, worth a watch.

Moldova: I couldn’t find it on a map, but not bad.

Netherlands: Cute, but again, over produced.

Romania: No Harmonizer, but very pompous. Too serious guys.

Russia; English?? They are still trying to invade the US, any way they can.

Serbia: Jelena is mostly simply sweet sounding.

Slovenia: Looks like a trashy Playboy shoot. Umm..

Spain: Roldolfo is funny, if you like it look up Group X on YouTube.

Ukraine: Pretty girl, looks like Kelly Rippa with tits.

UK: Nice and Funky! Nuff said.