Monday, July 21, 2008

2008 Olympic Boycott

I rarely watch the Olympics except Hockey anyway, but I implore anyone reading this to boycott the NBC presentation of the Olympics this August. I know it is a little drain on a US company, but they are covering a very disturbing event being put on in a very disturbing country. If you don't know why I would want this to happen, then you don't read the news. An archived Time article from 20 years ago; http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988627,00.html

In short, today China supports violent regimes like Zimbabwe and some questionable ones in South America. Their view is they are just "trading", which comes down to weapons for Oil. Nice trade, when the weapons are used to seize power and control from their own citizens.

So don't watch the damn show, let NBC and China know you disapprove of the murders inside China and in the countries China supports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..