Friday, July 4, 2008

My Independence

It almost sounds like a joke to think I am “independent” in the US these days. I will return to that thought at the end.

July 4th is the day that the USA celebrates it’s independence from Britain. You should know this. We light off fireworks by the ton, and too many people don't realize (in and outside the USA) that these symbolize the bombs and explosions of the Revolutionary War.

So many millions of men and women have died or been maimed in the defense of democracy around the world, that I doubt it could be tallied. You would have to count deaths of many nations’ freedom fighters. For the USA, the Civil War was the worst, over 600,000 died fighting ourselves. A real weakness, but a onetime thing, I hope.

Respecting those that fought before, to give us this "Freedom" is lost on so many. It saddens me that it is taken for granted. All those millions of lives, just so I can write here that I hate my President and don't have worry one bit that I will be executed for it. Think about that? In how many Countries would I be thrown in Jail or worse? I will take freedom and fight for it to my end, heat that Iran, Burma and China?

The soldiers who opposed democracy deserve a nod of appreciation too. They made us stronger and more brazen for the next time an attack came. From the Brit’s to Al-Qaida, you have only exposed the weakness, so we can adapt. I personally do understand your fight and respect it.

Democracy is really tough to swallow sometimes, like the last 8 years for me. It sorts itself out though, always does. And “change” is in the wind here in the USA.

I know the economy of the world is on edge over what is happening here, and I flatly blame EVERY politician in office today, for turning a blind eye to all of the Mortgage scams that they ALL knew were happening and just ignored. This goes for the US and Britain, but will right itself in time.

A changing of the guard is on now, just like we did in 1776. Gain your Independence again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..