Friday, November 16, 2007

Ok, CUT The Damn Troop Funds

I thought I would never say such a thing! I am a Vet myself.

The Pubs here in the US Senate are being exceptionally stubborn, so I say, no more bills on war funding and just let the money run out. The US Military is already shifting funds from projects on home soil to fund the wars, which will hit them hard in the long run.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7098793.stm
The most frustrating thing about this is the quote;
"We need to get our troops everything they need. We need to get it to them right now," said Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.

He voted against the funding!!!!!! I could rip my hair out..oh wait, it's coming out naturally.

The actual voting...
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00411

This bill contained only a start date to begin a troop drawdown, no hard end date. So the Pubs have only themselves to thank for the troops not getting funded. I hope the DNC has a blast with this and the Pubs lose the ability to override all of these bills after the 2008 elections.

Now, since the cloture was voted down, there will eventually be weeks of debates and the Pubs will just vote the same way when it comes up for a vote.

Maybe we will be able to get something done, because the Pubs "requirement" of a 3/5ths to pass a bill won't matter, they will still lose. It will only take 10 more seats to accomplish this.

Of note; McCain and Lott failed to vote (lazy asses can't take time off the campaign trail), but Hagel, Smith and Snowe (all Pubs) voted for cloture. A little sanity out there..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..