Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Speak Your Mind.

It's funny at work. A week or two back I was in a large meeting, one of 3 teams that are implementing ITIL (google it) and the current meeting was overlapping into what the other teams were doing in their part of the effort.

I spoke up that the other two teams weren't getting much done. I think I used the phrase "miserable failure" at one point. It was really weird, because I don't even remember what I said, it was like I was possessed. I knew I was doing something important though. The current meeting blew past that and we got not much done, besides agreeing to meet again (typical of these things).

I was called on the carpet by my boss and told never do that again (no criticising things we are doing in house like that, in a open forum). Since then, I have had multiple people, which include my boss, say that I opened a whole new line of thought in the office. One of considering criticism and how often people bite their lips and say nothing. At least people are talking and thinking.

A nice change there and I do realize my error. Sometimes though, the worst errors bring the most remarkable results. We are human and things like this demonstate our faults and greatness at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note..